Knights Boys Soccer vs Taylor

On September 23, 2017, our very own Knights’ Boys Soccer took on Taylor in a much anticipated matchup. It was a Saturday morning, yet it was “Senior Night.” This year’s great crop of seniors that were celebrated for their efforts at South Dearborn throughout the years were Tyler Moorehead (0 Goalie), John Tedesco (10), Charlie Tedesco (17), and Kasey McCabe (28). The varsity game was first, followed by the JV game.

VARSITY:
Right away, Moorehead showed that he is a great goalie making multiple stops right of the bat. At the beginning of the game, the Knights’ defense was play almost near perfection, keeping the opposing squad from getting anywhere on the field. Taylor scored on a headbutt off a toss in near the end of the first half. During the second half, Taylor capitalized on some of South Dearborn’s breakdowns on the field, giving Taylor a 5-0 victory.

JV:
The Knight’s Boys Soccer JV squad played had an exciting match up.  They played a physical, punishing defense throughout the game. It was really tight at 0-0, then Taylor made a penalty kick almost halfway through the game, giving them a 1-0 lead. SD sophomore Austin Clark (34) answered right back with a goal, and soon after, sophomore Brett Womble (24) also scored a goal, giving SD a 2-1 lead. he Knights then did something that is essential in any sport: they FINISHED strong! They kept up their great defense and won the game 2-1, led by JV Head Coach Dylan Lewis.

POSTGAME INTERVIEWS:

Freshman Kevin Brown (11) on getting significant Varsity playing time as a freshman: “It feels pretty good.”

Junior Bryston Cotton (1) on what his team needs to improve on in order to beat Harrison: “Having stamina throughout the game, and finding a way to keep the energy we start with throughout the whole matchup as well. Right now we’re really low on subs, we have like only 3 subs at the moment. The heat also isn’t helping us any. We just have to do our best with all that stacked upon us.”

Sophomore Brett Womble (24) on what was racing through his mind during the process of scoring his goal, and on how the JV victory feels: “I was thinking about how our coaches have taught us to get around a defender, I put that into the situation and once I had a good look at the goal I just put my foot on the ball and tried to get it in the net. It feels great to get a win especially in a way like this.”