Bond. Dr. Bond.

SDHS Principal Dr. Jeff Bond

SDHS Principal Dr. Jeff Bond

SDHS Principal Dr. Jeff Bond

Leslie Mathes, Reporter

There’s a new face in the office at South Dearborn High School— Dr. Jeff Bond joined the SD school corporation as principal this year  Dr. Bond was raised in Brown County, and before coming to South Dearborn High School, Dr. Bond was the curriculum and assessment director at Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation.  Dr. Bond has been in education for 23 years including being head coach of football and basketball teams.

While looking at the Indiana Department of Education website, Dr. Bond came across the job opening, and when he proposed the idea to his wife and four children, they were open to the change.  Dr. Bond’s wife, Sarah , works for a school fundraising group. Their oldest son, Jackson,  attends Franklin College and where he plays football, following in his father’s footsteps. The have three younger children: Jillian, Krystin, and Keegan.

Naturally, there is more to Dr. Bond than working in the educational system. He loves football and says he even watches the old games that are played on ESPNU, which his family teases him about. He enjoys hunting, being outdoors, and being a supportive father to his children by watching them play in sports. His two favorite movies of all time are Remember the Titans and The Patriot. He also enjoys eating at St. Elmo’s Steakhouse in downtown Indianapolis.

Dr. Bond ended with this bit if advice for the students here at South Dearborn, “I view what we do here as competition. I want our sports, band, and show choir to compete at every level, and I want our academics to do just as well. The opportunities being offered here are equal, if not superior, to other schools, and the students should be proud to be students here at South Dearborn High School. You will be prepared to leave here.” We welcome him!