South Dearborn Volleyball Tournament 9/16/17

Riley Ampt, Reporter

The South Dearborn Knights volleyball team had a tournament at Lawrenceburg Highschool on Saturday, September 16th.  Starting the morning off at 9 a.m. our South Dearborn Volleyball varsity team played the Greensburg Pirates.  The first set versus the Pirates, the Knights struggled and ended with a score of 10-25, resulting in Greensburg coming out on top.  South Dearborn came back fighting in the second set resulting in a hard fought loss of 22-25 Greensburg.  During these sets, JV player, Kyrstin Bond, a sophomore, stepped in and got 3 kills, tying sophomore, Grace Quinlan who also had 3.  Coming close behind was senior Grace Manford and sophomore Jaelyn Lows who both had 2 kills.  We had a wonderful serving game with 5 players making 100% of their serves.  The South Dearborn Knights had a total of 4 blocks between those 2 sets.  Setter Reagan Willoughby, a junior, came up with 4 digs during that game.  Senior, Kennedy Miller also had an outstanding game with 11 digs against the Greensburg Pirates.

The Knights had a nail-biter against their second set against Edinburgh.  Even though they were able to force the game into overtime, they still suffered a heartbreaking loss of 25-27. Junior, Mackenzie Casebolt did an impressive job in the second match of the day with 6 digs.  Sophomore, Hannah Halbig, was right on her tail with 5 digs.  Middle hitter, Grace Quinlan, finished the match with 3 blocks, she also had no serving errors.  Setter Reagan Willoughby, a junior, had a magnificent game with 1 block and 4 kills, the second highest of the team for the weekend. Jaelynn Lows, a sophomore, had 3 kills against the opposing team.

The third match the Lady Knights played was against the Hauser Jets.  Soph0more, Allyson Kunkel, had a great performance of no errors on her serves. Kennedy Miller, had 7 successful digs; along with Reagan Willoughby having 6.

South Dearborn ended the day with a well deserved win.  The Knights beat Providence, with scores of 25-18 and 25-15.  Grace Quinlan had an amazing match of 6 kills.  Freshman, Megan Howell, had 3 kills, alongside Reagan Willoughby and Jaelynn Lows.  Jaeylnn also had 3 blocks.  Overall the Knights had a long, hard, and well fought day.